Sorry, this item is now sold
According to lathes.co.uk, the Amolco mill head was a popular attachment for Myford Series 7 and 10 lathes. With the addition of a compound table, it could be used as a standalone mill.
This example has a very robust milling table, and benefits from power feed drive to the X-Axis enabling consistent feed whilst milling is in progress as can be seen from my video of this item in action ……
The specification for this item is
- Mill table size is 16 1/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Mill table travel is 8″ x 4 1/4″
- T-slot narrow / broad size is approx 0.38″ / 0.73″
- With 1/2″ collet and collet nut
- Small milling vice
- Draw bar plus 2MT holders for 3/8″ and 1/4″ mill bit
- Mill motor has NVR switch, looks like motor benefits from having had a rewind at some point in time
- Selection of clamps
This is a heavy item. With the milling head detached from the table, each component is at the upper limit of what one person can carry!
A selection of photos of this mill are shown here ……