Sorry, now sold
This is a Myford Super 7 lathe serial number SK6599 which dates it to somewhere between 1955 and 1958. It is a ‘MK1’ model and therefore features an integral headstock drip-feed oiler, a clutch within the countershaft 4-step pulley and the operating levers for the tumble reverse and backgear are screw operated making them less vulnerable to being selected by mistake. There is a thread dial indicator fitted to the carriage, plus a Myford 4 way tool holder that has been enlarged to accept larger tools.
It has a recent single phase BFM 240V, 3/4HP, 1425RPM motor fitted.
It has brand new vee belts on the primary drive motor to countershaft and secondary drive countershaft to headstock, plus a new wiper felt.
Also included are the following items …
- 4″ 3 jaw self centering chuck and key
- 80mm 3 jaw self centering chuck and key. (NB. its a bit tricky to fit the jaws as the teeth to one of them is damaged)
- 4 1/2″ Myford V1106 catch plate
- 7″ face plate
- a couple of 90 degree faceplate mounting brackets
- section of change gears – most original myford, some ‘home made’ of aluminum plus gear stud
- 0-1/2″ capacity drill chuck with MT2 mount plus key
- 0-1/4″ capacity drill chuck with MT1 mount plus key plus MT1 to MT2 adapter sleeve
- 2MT dead centre
- selection of lathe carriers
- selection of face clamps
Shipping to Great Britain mainland areas (excluding Highland postcodes) is available via a pallet.
A short video of this lathe can be seen here, and further pictures are in the two photo galleries below.