For Sale: Sorry, now sold
This is a Prazimat DLZ 180 x 450-1 thread cutting & power cross feed lathe, manufactured in the German Democratic Republic by VEB (who also made the better known “hobbymat” lathe).
The right hand end of the bed is stamped with the serial number 65/90, and the rear of the headstock carries a makers plate showing the year of manufacturer to be 1990 and number 201.
Further information about this lathe can be founds on the lathes.co.uk website, please do take a read of that for further information.
This lathe has a number of features that should make it easy to use such as the direction and speed controls on the head stock, and the clutch to engage automatic travel of the carriage, plus quality touches such as the needle bearing at the right hand end of the lead screw, and ball bearing thrust bearings to the threads on the cross slide and top slide threads.
Technical data for this lathe is as follows …
- 90mm height of centre
- 450mm turning length
- 180mm swing over the bed
- 120mm swing over the cross slide
- 20mm lathe spindle capacity
- 1060mm x 580mm length x width
- 330mm height
- 120kg approx weight
- metric graduations to cross slide, top slide, tailstock
The motor is a single phase 1430rpm 0.55kw 240v unit.
Also included are the following accessories
- quick change tool post with 2 x tool holders, 1 x bar holder, 1 x parting tool holder
- original tool holder
- 100mm 3 jaw self centreing HBM chuck with outside and inside jaws + key
- 110mm 4 jaw independent chuck + key
- large selection of change gears
- MT2 drill chuck for tail stock + key
- MT2 revolving centre for tail stock
- MT2 dead centre
- MT2 half centre
- selection of driving dogs
- spanners for tail stock locking, chuck fitting etc
- instruction manual
Shipping to UK mainland areas ( excluding Highland postcodes ) on a pallet is available.
A short video showcasing this lathe can be seen here, and further photos are in the gallery below.