This is a Myford Super 7 lathe with a serial number of SK129182, which dates the year of manufacture to be around 1975. The serial number of the gearbox is QC143915 and being green indicates that the gearbox is a newer item added after April 1977. Sorry, now sold.
There are 4 chucks included with this item
- 3 1/4″ 3 jaw self centring Burnerd chuck with matched serial number internal and external jaws plus key
- 4″ 3 jaw self centring Pratt Burnerd chuck with matched serial number internal and external jaws plus key
- 100mm 4 jaw independent Burnerd chuck with matched serial number jaws plus key
- 115mm 4 jaw independent Burnerd chuck with matched serial number jaws plus key
There is a wooden storage box in which the chucks fit for safe keeping.
Also included is a quick change tool post that has the following holders along with the block and socket wrench
- 5 x standard tool holder
- 1 x bar tool holder with v groove in base
- 1 x parting off tool holder
- 1 x piddington extended tool holder
The tool holders have a variety of tools in them, including a knurling tool in the extended tool holder.
There are 3 face plates included with this item
- 4 1/2″
Other items included are
- Fixed steady
- Rear mounted parting off tool holder
- Motosa 2MT live centre ~ 1.5″
- 2MT fixed tail stock centre
- 1MT fixed tail stock centre in 2MT holder
- 2MT fixed tail stock half centre
- 2MT tool holder holdering 8mm centre drill
- 13/16″ die holder on 2MT mount
- 1.5mm – 13mm drill chuck with 2MT mount
- Jacobs No 32 0″-3/8″ drill chuck with 2MT mount
- work piece height finder
- spindle handle
The power to the lathe is supplied via a Brook Crompton Parkinson single phase motor.
There is a green heavy duty fabric cover for the lathe, plus the original operation, installation and maintenance guide book for the lathe and gearbox.
A short video showing the lathe in action can be see here, plus there is a selection of photos of this lathe below.