Sorry, now sold
This is a 4 1/2″ Boxford Precision Lathe Model A lathe stamped on the right hand end of the bed with the makers mark AUD-11-23927 which indicates that it is a MK2 model made around 1969.
Also includes are a number of accessories
- 3 jaw self centering Pratt Burnerd Griptru chuck, model 1250-01305. (in itself, a valuable item!)
- 4 jaw independent Prat Burnerd chuck, model 1540-11601
- Large selection of 3C collets, collet holder and drawbar for use in the spindle
- catch plate
- 2MT chuck for use in the tailstock
- 2MT dead centre for use in the tailstock
- 2MT live centre for use in the tailstock
- 2MT Vee drill pad for use in the tailstock
- fixed steady
- Know you lathe book by Denfords Engineering
It is fitted with a Brook Crompton Parkinson 3 phase motor and it has an IMO Jaguar Cub inverter to allow it to be powered from a standard single phase 240V socket. The remote control unit allows direction control and variable speed control of the spindle.
Collection in person of this lathe is available. Alternatively, shipping to GB non-remote postcodes with Monday to Friday anytime delivery is available for the price given in the listing. If shipping to Highland/Remote/NI postcodes is required or Saturday or AM / PM delivery, please contact me for the additional cost. The item will be bolted onto a pallet for delivery.
Further information can be seen in the following video and the photo gallery below.