Sorry, now sold
Incredibly, this is an unused Myford Super 7 lathe bearing the serial number SK99692, which means it would have originally been supplied new between 1971 and 1973. Since then it has been kept in a dry garage with the motor and lead screw handle never having been fitted, but with the bed and other key surfaces covered with ample quantities of protective oil.
It also comes with an unused Myford lathe stand, short arm Dewhurst switch, tray & riser blocks, plus the following original accessories …..
- Unused Burnerd 4″ 3 jaw scroll chuck, catalogue item 1588-10130, with integral Myford lathe mounting plus 2 sets of jaws + chuck key. This item is still in the original packaging, with protective oil coating
- Unused Burnerd independent 4 jaw chuck, catalogue item 1548-16130, with integral Myford lathe mounting plus 1 set of jaws + chuck key. This item is still in the original packaging, with protective oil coating
- 7″ face plate
- V1106 4 1/2″ catch plate
- Unused Myford Four Tool Turret (1410), boxed
- Unused Myford Thread Dial Indicator (1419), boxed
- 2 x 2MT dead centres
- Threaded chuck mounting plate
- Selection of change gears
Also included is the C Spanner + adjusting collar spanner required to adjust the spindle bearing – as this lathe has never been used before, having these tools to hand will enable further adjustment if required as part of commissioning this lathe in your workshop.
The lathe is powered by a single phase AEI 3/4HP 220/240V motor. The motor is wired for forward operation. If required, forward & reverse operation can be achieved using with the Dewhurst switch on the stand, with suitable 5 core cable being used from the switch to the motor and reconfiguration of the motor wiring connections.
The lathe has been prepared for use by cleaning protective oil layers, fitting new vee belts on the primary drive to countershaft and secondary drive countershaft to headstock, plus a new wiper felt and spindle wick have been fitted and all the oil nipples have been replaced. In particular, the bed has simply been wiped with a white spirit impregnated cloth to remove the oil layer from the areas other than where the carriage had sat, as can been seen in the photos.
Collection in person of this item is available. Alternatively, shipping to GB non-remote postcodes with Monday to Friday anytime delivery is available for the price given in the listing. If shipping to Highland/Remote/NI postcodes is required or Saturday or AM / PM delivery, please contact me for the additional cost. The lathe and stand will be bolted onto separate pallets for delivery.
Further information can be seen in the video and the two photo galleries below – there are two galleries for the lathe itself, and further down the page is a separate gallery for the stand.