Sorry, now sold
This is an Ideal Willimott bench lathe, dating from the 1920’s. It also has a milling attachment that mounts on a post that fits onto the cross slide.
Both the lathe and the milling attachment are powered by single phase 240v motors. There is a cable operated clutch mechanism fitted to the countershaft, control by a lever to the front of the lathe.
Also included are a number of accessories, to include …
- 4 jaw independent chuck
- Two x 3 jaw self centering chucks with inside and outside jaws
- vertical slide that mounts on the cross slide
- face plate
- catch plate
- boring attachment that mounts on to the spindle
- 1MT chuck for use in the tailstock
- something that looks like a gear cutter attachment, potentially mounts on the cross slide and could be powered by the motor + belt arrangement for the mill
- various bits and bobs, such as old spindle ( there is a note from the former owner saying the spindle was replace in 1965) and an old cross slide
- selection of change gears.
Note that the belt drive for the milling attachment looks like it will need to be replaced at some point soonish. The motorising unit for the milling attachment is free standing to allow it to be moved about so as to tension the belt, depending upon the position of the milling head along the bed.
Collection in person of this item is available. Alternatively, shipping to GB non-remote postcodes with Monday to Friday anytime delivery is available for the price given in the listing. If shipping to Highland/Remote/NI postcodes is required or Saturday or AM / PM delivery, please contact me for the additional cost. The boards that the lathe is mounted on will be fixed to a pallet.
Further information can be seen in the following video and the photo gallery below.