Sorry, now sold
This is a Myford ML7 lathe serial number K86284 which dates this lathe to between 1966 and 1969, and a former owner has stamped “Sept 1968” onto the front of the bed, which possibly gives a more precise view as to when this lathe was originally purchased.
It has brand new vee belts on the primary drive motor to countershaft and secondary drive countershaft to headstock. The wiper felt has also been renewed.
The micrometer dials on the cross slide and top slide look are numbered 0 to 90 indicating they are imperial. It has a 4 way tool holder fitted to the top slide, drip oilers to the headstock and it is also fitted with a screw cutting dial indicator.
The lathe also has the following modifications to it
- Longer top slide, with 3 useable T slots
- Clutch fitted to the primary drive to the countershaft, operated by plunge rod running through the countershaft. Note that the depth of the clutch mechanism means that a normal Myford ML7 guard won’t fit over the primary drive belt
- Larger gap in the bed, providing greater depth for turning objects that require the gap
- Extended lead screw protector
It is powered by a single phase 240V 1/3HP 1425 RPM motor.
Also included with this lathe are the following items …
- 4″ 3 jaw self centering Pratt Burnerd chuck with matching inside and outside jaws, plus chuck key
- selection of change gears
- face plate
- drill chuck for use in the tailstock
Collection in person of this item is available. Alternatively shipping to GB non-remote postcodes with Monday to Friday economy anytime delivery is available for the price given in the listing. If shipping to Highland/Remote/NI postcodes is required or Saturday or AM / PM delivery, please contact me for the additional cost. The item will be bolted onto a pallet for shipping.
Further information can be seen in the following video and the photo galleries below.